TRANSITION TO E-COMMERCE IN THE ELEVATOR SECTOR WHAT IS E-COMMERCE?
With the advancement of technology, many fields adapt themselves to transformation and change. This change, which is sometimes compulsory and sometimes voluntarily by the companies, enables many companies to renew their vision and to increase the market volume of the sector. Companies investing in the commercial field have witnessed the emergence of a brand-new branch with the expansion of software and communication networks. Electronic commerce or e-commerce for short. Now, a virtual trade network formation that we all have heard of, and some of us realize when they are involved. Especially after the 2000s, with the opening of the way for global commercialization, companies started to prefer the internet option to convey people's demands. This situation enabled the development of e-commerce points that increase productivity and creativity and the formation of different sectors. While we were trying to reach many products on site in the past, today it has been possible to reach our wishes with a few small transactions from wherever we are.
Advantages of E-Commerce
The most popular part of e-commerce is establishing direct relationships with companies. Thanks to search engines, the requested product or information can be reached after a few seconds. Directly sharing product details and prices of companies that care about customer relations saves time spent during the day and provides great advantages against competitors. Consumer companies generally prefer the options where they can obtain the products they need at this stage, in the fastest and most affordable cost.
Is it your own E-Commerce site? or is it the marketplace?
How do you choose between the two as a vendor? Or do you have to choose? Whatever the future of sales, we've listed what you need to know about building your online sales channel and how each option is strategically prepared to help you grow.
After the crisis in the elevator industry, some of the wholesale sales of spare parts and main products have turned into retail sales. Before the Covid-19 pandemic, online sales made up 10% of what we call "retail". This acceptance of online purchases is widespread, but how retailers have approached purchasing online has produced mixed results. Specifically, there is a group that favors e-commerce solutions, while others embrace online marketplaces.
Let's take a quick look at the differences:
E-Commerce system is the activity of selling and purchasing goods or services online through electronic data, with the most easily explained definition. You can perform these operations on your own system or online marketplaces. Without your own website as a marketplace, it's an alternative and easy way to get involved in this traditional "e-commerce" environment. You still sell your own goods and services, but you become part of a larger business-owned shopping ecosystem.
If you've communicated with other business owners, you've probably heard the pros and cons of both options. How can you decide which is best for your unique situation? While all types of e-commerce sales platforms offer advantages, there are very distinct differences between e-commerce and marketplaces. These differences show that marketplaces have more advantages than e-commerce.
Advantages of the online marketplace
You have decided to establish an E-Commerce system on behalf of your company, and you have decided to open your system with one of the ready-made system providers. In this case, you should not forget that the opportunities offered by ready-made E-Commerce systems are insufficient today. Even if ready-made system providers provide all kinds of facilities, its operation is a workload. However, with the marketplaces created in the online sales world, ease of installation and brand recognition can be effectively utilized. Here are a few facts about the benefits these marketplace solutions can bring to your business:
1. It's easy to get started right away
You have something to sell but you do not want to start your own website? You are lucky. Online marketplaces are designed to be easy to use. You can create a showcase in minutes and then take full advantage of payment, business, advertising, distribution, and shipping channels for these tools in a fraction of the time it takes to source and sign up.
2. No technology experience or marketing resources required
Unlike hosting your own website, you will not need a lot of technical skills to start selling on marketplaces. If you are familiar with social media platforms, you have what it takes to list products and services and set up your accounts receivable information. Everything from marketing to customer service solutions can be performed on the same platform via a single dashboard.
3. No site or server maintenance required
Marketplaces are hosted by major cloud providers. With increased security, they are best protected against hacks or disruptions, and you can be sure that your store will be online when your customers need to shop. Plus, you will not have to worry about updating your plugins or maintaining the server. All of this will happen behind the scenes as a big plus for the market.
4. You gain access to a large customer base
Millions of people shop on major marketplace platforms. In fact, these are the first places people think of when it is time to shop. If you have a store in a marketplace, people are more likely to find you than if you buy an obscure area that consumers don't know about. The established customer base available for major online retailers will not be affected anyway, taking you one step further in putting your credibility to the fore.
5. You will have existing brand familiarity
Brand awareness is a great advantage for businesses. As in the example above, people are already familiar with the major producers and what they represent. If your company aligns with these values and you want to market your product within the same customer base, you can do it much more easily without spending large sums of money to get people to hear you and continue to represent yourself at all levels of the industry.
Which solution is right for you?
- Do you value customization and branding rather than ease of use and turnkey solutions?
- Are your long-term goals to develop your brand and products or to create a standalone website under your own business URL?
- Within which plans do you want to consider advertising and increasing your share in the world market?
- Can you see 10 years ahead in your marketing plan?
- Do you produce or sell highly regulated (or potentially highly regulated in the future) products? Will these products find a place in the world market in the future?
WHY SHOULD I GET A PLACE IN THE ONLINE MARKETPLACE?
- Easy to get started right away
- Being part of an established online marketplace builds trust between you and the buyer
- No technology experience or marketing resources required
- No site and server maintenance required
- You get access to a large customer base
- It is possible to work 24 hours a day. Time constraints and changing trading hours are eliminated.
- Accessing availability, prices, and stock levels in an open environment with greater transparency is no longer a problem.
- You have opportunities to form new trading partnerships with merchants and suppliers within or across your supply chain.
- Unbiased reviews of your products and services give new customers purchase confidence.
- They are popular with customers, providing a convenient way to compare prices and products from a single source.
- The platform offers lower marketing costs compared to other sales channels
- By reaching continents, it expands the trade volume through new countries
- Separate price definitions and special discounts for special customers can be defined for each customer group
- Provides instant announcement of current campaigns.
We are proud of being a marketplace that incorporates the solutions described above and has the vision to fulfill the best conditions for you and most importantly to ensure that the elevator industry, together with its employees, reaches the position it deserves in the world.
You can create your registration by visiting www.exvator.com, designed only for the elevator industry for what is mentioned here and more, and after the necessary approval processes are completed, you can display your products free of charge and make them ready for shopping.